Total Pageviews

Monday, December 27, 2010

snow

I understand the sentimental value of a white christmas. It's christmas. It's supposed to be snowy and shit. Whatever. But not only did this blizzard fuck that up by coming a day late, it also manages to drop more of this shit than I can remember, completely fucking everything up for probably the rest of the week.

I used to think snow was awesome. It's like white shit coming out of the sky and it isn't rain! Like Narnia type shit. At Duke, when it snowed, some people were freaking out since they had never seen snow before. They, like I, were ignorant. As I've gotten older, and more experienced with this shit, I've come to realize that snow is just rain(which I also dislike except on rare occasions when its warm and kind of feels like a shower) minus all the benefits. It's colder. It eventually gets just as wet. And it doesn't just go away like rain after a day. It stick's around, being completely useless. Sure it's pretty but eventually, when people walk all over it, salt gets mixed in, and it starts to melt, it looks like shit. And you have to shovel it which is absolutely terrible.

Worst of all, I'm trapped in my house. It is probably suicidal for me to even consider going anywhere further than the end of my street, and definitely not worth it. This leaves me at home, bored out of my fucking mind, with nothing to do. I have to do shit like say "hi." on everyone's facebook and watch movies like Dear John to entertain myself. Yea. I'm really enjoying my break!

No comments:

Post a Comment